OH MY GOD! This Soy Meat Recipe is one of the closest substitutes to Meat EVER!
I turned to veganism once I realized how cruel the world has been to the animal kingdom. Having been an ardent meat eater myself, it was quite a task to switch from being a non-vegetarian to an eggetarian to a vegetarian and eventually to a vegan
I am proud to say that I have been off meat since 2004. At times, I would relish having some meat substitutes like Paneer (a fresh cheese common in South Asia), Tofu, Mushroom etc and was content with the same. Once I became a vegan, Paneer was off the charts too.
I happened to read about the meat alternatives and was wondering if I could get any substitute to meat locally. I enquired about the same with a few local super markets, groceries etc but could not find anything interesting. One fine day, when I visited a fine dining restaurant, I came across an interesting dish – Marinated soya chaap sticks (Soy Meat Recipe).
I was stunned when i had the first bite. It reminded me off the good old days but this time, there was no guilt involved. We decided to try this recipe. Soya chaap is a north Indian delight and is high in proteins. Do try out this recipe and let us know how you like it
Soya Chaap Sticks – Soy Meat Recipe
- 5-7 Pieces of Vegan Soya Chaap (Soy Meat)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Ginger And Garlic Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Sauce
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Gram Flour
- 1 ½ Cup Brown Bread Crumbs (Vegan Brown Bread)
- 1 Cup Cornflakes Crumbs
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Mango Powder
- 3 Teaspoons Red Chilli Powder
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Chaat Masala
Oil for Frying:
- Take a bigger bowl (as shown in the video). Put Soya Chaap (Soy Meat) in it.
- Pour some lemon juice and salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, garlic and ginger paste and some hot sauce.
- Mix it well and cover it with a Cling Wrap.
- Marinate the Soya Chaap for about 1-2 Hours.
- In a bowl, add all-purpose flour and gram flour.
- Add some aquafaba and mix the ingredients to make the batter to medium thick consistency.
- To achieve a crispy and crunchy outer layer for Soya Chaap , we will season the bread and cornflakes crumbs.
- In a plate, add some bread crumbs, cornflake crumbs, salt to taste, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, mango powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and chaat masala.
- Mix all the ingredients to make the bread coating.
- Dip each piece of marinated soya chaap in the batter; let the excess batter drip off. Then roll it in the bread coating.
- Repeat this process twice and keep it aside in a plate.
- Heat the oil in a pan for frying.
- Place the soya chaap slowly into the hot oil and fry till it turns golden brown.
- Serve hot with cilantro dressing.
We hope you like this Soy Meat Recipe. Share your feedback via the comments below
To receive latest updates on our Vegan Appetizer receipes, you may subscribe to our youtube channel