Fritter is quite a common term which is used for a broad range of fried foods, typically comprising of a portion of breading or batter which is filled with a small bits of vegetables, fruits or some other related ingredients. You may find Fritters in both savoury as well as sweet varieties. You may either pan-fry or deep fry fritters. However, for those who are health consious, there is good news! Fritters can also be baked.
If you are planning to fry them, it’s essential to fry them properly so they end up being crispy instead of greasy. Enjoy these mint fritters with some extra sauce. Fritters are perfect for kids as they’re filled with hidden veggies that these kiddos will never have an idea about. These Vegan Mint fritters are easy to make and tasty, and will surely leave everyone at your dining table content and full.
Vegan Mint Fritters Recipe Video
Mint Fritters Ingredients:
- 1 Cup All-purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup Chopped Mint Leaves
- ¼ Cup Grated potato
- ¼ Cup Bell pepper(Capsicum)
- 2 Finely chopped green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Mango powder/ Amchur
- 2 Teaspoons Oil
- Water to make the batter
- Oil for frying
- Take a bowl; add all purpose flour, chopped mint leaves, grated potato, bell pepper (capsicum), chopped chillies, mango powder (amchur), oil, salt to taste and water.
- Mix all the ingredients to make the batter thick.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Drop fritters batter into the hot oil.
- Flip the fritters almost immediately as they turn crusty. Do not wait for it to turn completely golden brown,
- Press the fritter gently with your spatula to flatten it after you flip the fritters.
- Repeat the flipping process at regular intervals for a few minutes to make it as crispy as you’d like.
- Serve hot with any choice of your sauce. I had it with the Tomato Ketchup, you can even have it with Cilantro Dressing / Sauce/chutney.
Do try out this Vegan Mint Fritters Recipe and let us know your experience with the dish.
Get latest updates on our latest Vegan Appetizer recipes by subscribing to our youtube channel