Have you ever tried using any chips or soya sticks as the coating of an appetizer? If not, then you are missing out on something really delicious. I had some leftover soya sticks Soya Chunks since a while now. So I just thought of coming up experimenting with an appetizer. You can use any chips or soya sticks flavour which you like.
M family loves a no-gravy Soya Chunks recipe which I had made earlier is the no gravy recipe.
So I thought of coming up with the similar recipe but with a twist. My husband is a big fan of this recipe
What adds to the flavour is the flavour of Soya sticks along with the spices which are used to make the batter (to be used to coat soya chunks)
Let’s talk about the cooking method. You may think that this recipe would include frying the soya chunks but you got that wrong, we will be baking the soya chunks. I would recommend not to fry it due to texture changes.
When baked, the texture is noticeably crispier and the overall flavour is much better. It’s relatively healthier, Quick & Simple, flavourful, Crispy and Crunchy.
Vegan Soya Chunks Crunchy Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 ¼ Cup Boiled Soya Chunks
- 2 Cups Soya Sticks
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Olive Oil
For The Batter:
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Oregano
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- Take a grinder, add 2 cups of Soya sticks and grind it till you have coarse crumbs.
- Now take a bowl. Add boiled soya chunks.
- Apply olive oil and mix well. Keep it aside for a while.
- Now take another bowl to prepare the batter.
- Add all-purpose flour and water to form a batter.
- Add salt, sweet paprika, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper powder and chilli flakes.
- Now take the boiled soya chunks and dip them into the prepared batter and mix well so that they are coated properly.
- Dip the battered soya chunks in Soya sticks crumbs prepared.
- Coat the chunks with the crumbs properly so that they stick to the batter.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Grease the baking tray and spread the soya beans evenly.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes
- Serve hot with any sauce or chutney.
Do try out this Vegan Soya Crunchies Recipe and let us know how you like it.
Get updates on our latest Vegan recipes by subscribing to our youtube channel