So, I was in indulging in my weekly supermarket shopping when I came across Risoni. I had asked for Rissoto when I was handed over Risoni (also called Orzo). I had never heard about Risoni before that and wanted to know more about it. I did some Googling and found out a few recipes where Risoni was used to bulk up salads, stews and soups.
For people who don’t know what Risoni is, Risoni looks like large grains of rice but is actually a type of pasta. I picked it up and decided to experiment with the ingredient for a pumpkin pasta recipe. .
This is a dairy free, sugar free and cruelty free recipe that will leave you feeling satisfied. It’s a quick meal and a great one for the family. Additionally, it does not involve a lot of preparation time! Do try this once. I am sure you will love it. Kids will love it too.
Vegan Pumpkin Risoni or Orzo Recipe
- 1 ½ Cups Risone or Orzo
- 1 ¼ Cups Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ Cup Diced Pumpkin
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Teaspoons Oregano
- 1 ½ Cup Of Water
- Pepper to Taste
- ¼ Cup Vegan Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 3-4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- ½ Cup Diced Onion
- Salt to Taste
- Place your sauce pan on medium heat and add in 1 tablespoon of vegan butter, 3 to 4 finely chopped garlic and ½ Cup diced onions. Saute them for few minutes until the onions turn translucent.
- We will then add ¼ Cup diced pumpkin.
- Once you are done with mixing everything, add 1 ¼ cup of pumpkin puree.
- Add around 1 ½ Cup of Risoni or Orzo. And right after this, add some salt to taste, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast, a bit of freshly cracked black pepper and 2 teaspoons of Oregano.
- Mix everything well and add about 1 ½ Cup of water to cook. You can also add water, if required, during the cooking process to ensure that risone is cooked
- Add ¼ Cup of Vegan cheese to the risone to get the cheesy flavour. After adding cheese, cook for around 5 minutes
- Your yummy Pumpkin Risone is Ready to be Gobbled.
Do try out this Vegan Pumpkin Risoni Recipe and let us know how you like it.
Get updates on our latest Vegan Dips and Sauces recipes by subscribing to our youtube channel