Vegan Spinach Curry Recipe
One of the important reasons I made this Vegan Spinach Curry Recipe is our daily busy lives. We all are very busy with our schedules and being Vegan, at times it’s difficult for us to get healthy food anywhere or at any food joint. So, we thought, why not make a curry recipe that can be refrigerated for around 3-4 days and can be used whenever need be. For example- vegetable curry, curried rice, or just have it plain with steamed rice or roti (flat bread). While you are busy and going to work or college, just take this curry out of your refrigerator and make your dish and move on with your daily chores / routine in no time.
Spinach curry is gently spiced with the Indian flavours of cumin, coriander and turmeric. It really tastes good even without adding anything. I really like the flavours of spinach curry and basmati rice and I prefer my soya crunchies to munch on with by the side . You should try this combo! It is just awesome! You can even have this as sides to roti or just plain rice.
Spinach is a green, leafy vegetable that is cheap and affordable for everyone. It is a rich source of minerals and vitamins.
Vegan Spinach Curry Video Recipe
Vegan Spinach Curry Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- ¼ Teaspoon Carom Seeds/ Ajwain
- 1 Leaf –Bay Leaf
- ½ Ceylon Cinnamon Stick
- ¼ Cup Onion Paste (Refer the onion paste recipe)
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Ginger, Garlic, Chilli Paste
- 2 Teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- Pepper To Taste
- 1 Cup Tomato Puree (Refer the tomato puree recipe)
- 2 Cups Spinach Puree (Refer the spinach puree recipe)
- 3 Teaspoons Cashew and Melon Seeds Paste (Refer cashew and melon seed paste recipe)
- 2 Teaspoons Punjabi Masala
- Salt To Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Vegan Butter
- Heat the oil in a hot pot dish on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, carom seeds (ajwain), bay leaf, and ceylon cinnamon stick. Give them a good stir.
- Add onion paste and ginger, garlic, chilli paste. Cook for around 5-10 minutes till golden brown in colour
- Then add all the spices to give flavour to the Curry. Add in garam masala, red chilli powder, pepper to taste. When the spices are well integrated add in the tomato puree.
- Simmer and Cook the curry and Tomato Puree until it is well cooked and oil is separated (thin layer of oil above the curry)
- When oil is separated add spinach puree and cook for around 5 minutes
- Add cashew and melon seeds paste for creaminess.
- Add salt to taste and Punjabi masala. Stir for a minute or two and add in the vegan butter.
- Cook for around 5 minutes and it is ready to serve hot or cool down and refrigerate.
Notes: Cooking the spices in this recipe until they are fragrant will ensure you get the full flavour from them.
Do try out this Vegan Spinach Curry Recipe and let us know how you like it.
Get updates on our latest recipes by subscribing to our youtube channel
Go Vegan. Embrace Vegan Life. GoVeganLife covers vegan recipes for breakfast, appetizers, desserts, beverages and so much more. We strive to be a rich resource for all food vegan