“After transitioning to a vegan lifestyle, Veggie in Tomato Curry quickly became one of my all-time favorite meals. This Vegan Veggies in Tomato Curry recipe delivers an incredibly creamy, comforting, and flavor-packed experience thanks to the harmonious blend of spices and the luxurious tomato, cashew, and melon sauce. What’s more, it elevates to an out-of-this-world-amazing level when served atop a fluffy bed of aromatic basmati rice.
The key “secrets” behind the success of this Vegan Veggies in Tomato Curry lie in the magic of cashews and the selection of vegetables.
The fusion of blended cashews and melon seeds forms a sauce/curry base that’s astonishingly buttery, rich, creamy, and profoundly satisfying. The cashews play a dual role by not only infusing flavor but also expertly thickening the sauce as it gently simmers on the stove.
This recipe is wonderfully straightforward to prepare and never fails to impress at the dining table. You have the flexibility to tailor the spiciness to your liking – I personally adore a fiery kick, but when I’m serving this to guests or family, I tone it down a notch.
If you decide to whip up this delectable VEGAN Veggies in Tomato Curry in your own kitchen, I would be absolutely thrilled to hear about your experience and see your fantastic feedback!”
Incorporating the high volume keywords naturally into the content helps enhance its visibility to individuals searching for vegan curry recipes with rich flavors and creamy textures.
- 2 Tablespoons Oil(1 for the gravy and 1 for the veggies)
- 2-3 Pepper Corns (Black Pepper)
- 2-3 Cloves
- 2-3 Pieces of Cinnamon
- ¼ Cup Red Onions
- 1 ¼ Teaspoons Ginger, Garlic, Chilli Paste
- 2 ¼ Cups Tomato Puree (Refer the recipe)
- Salt to Taste
- Pinch Turmeric
- 2 ½ Teaspoons Coriander Powder
- 3 Teaspoons Garam Masala(2 tsps for gravy and 1tsp for the veggies)
- 1 ¼ Teaspoons Chilli Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 Cup Water(1/2 cup for the gravy and ½ cup for the veggies)
- 1 Cup Cashew Nuts and Melon Seeds Paste (Refer the recipe)
- 2 Teaspoons Tikka Masala
- 3 Teaspoons Vegan Butter(2 for tomato curry and 1 for the veggies)
- 2/3 Cup Cauliflower
- ¼ Cup Pineapple
- 2/3 Cup Bell Peppers(capsicum)
- ¼ Cup Carrot
- 2/3 Cup Baby Corn
- 2/3 Cup Mushrooms
- ¼ Cup Cilantro(coriander leaves)
- In a non-stick sauce pot, add in 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add pepper corns, cloves, pieces of cinnamon, red onions’ and mix all the ingredients and cook until onions are golden brown.
- When onion turns golden brown, add ginger, garlic, chilli paste. Sauté for a minute or two!
- Add in the tomato puree and mix well and let it cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- As it starts boiling, add salt to taste, turmeric, coriander powder, garam masala, red chilli powder and dried fenugreek leaves.
- Add ½ cup of water and cook until the oil is separated (thin layer of oil above the curry).
- Once the oil gets separated, add cashew nuts and melon seeds paste.
- Add tikka masala and vegan butter for more flavoring to the curry.
Let’s start the veggie curry:
- Add ½ cup of water. Cover it and cook for 5-10 minutes until the veggies are semi tender.
- As the veggies are done, sprinkle 1 teaspoon garam Masala.
- Mix well and add 2 ½ Cups of tomato curry which we prepared earlier. Mix well and let it boil for a minute or two.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vegan butter and cilantro leaves. To make it more delicious, add pineapple pieces to it. Cover with the lid and cook for around 5- 10 minutes .Hot curry is ready to be eaten.
*Tip: Tomato curry can be cooled at room temperature and freeze for 4-5 days. It can be used to prepare different recipes like curried rice, lentils etc.
Do try out this Vegan Veggies in Tomato Curry Recipe and let us know how you like it.
Get updates on our latest Vegan recipes by subscribing to our youtube channel
Go Vegan. Embrace Vegan Life. GoVeganLife covers vegan recipes for breakfast, appetizers, desserts, beverages and so much more. We strive to be a rich resource for all food vegan